Here’s a follow up to the No Bake Brownie Bites we made last week! Now you can have a scoop of ice cream with your brownie, without all the guilt. This ice cream has only 5 ingredients, all from real foods, making it one of the healthiest alternatives to ice cream you’d eat from the store.
- 1 1/2 large Avocados, ripe
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 cups Coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon or Lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt (again, we used Pink Himalayan sea salt)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan or other container and freeze for 4 hours (or overnight)
- Allow ice cream to set out 5-10 minutes to soften before serving
This recipe is great for a healthy homemade treat, however I’m not advocating that you only eat sweets and desserts, no matter how healthy they are. What I’m saying is that when you do treat yourself, you should try to make it as healthy as you can by choosing natural ingredients that are good for you. If you build your body’s foundation with nutritious foods then it will operate more efficiently leading to a healthier lifestyle, healthy weight management, and a healthy mental state!