The best smoothies have a little bit of everything for a well rounded nutritional boost! This is a smoothie that supplies me with energy throughout the entire day, and it’s also a delicious treat.
To make this one you’re going to need:
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Water
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, to your taste, add ice, and enjoy!
This smoothie packs a powerful punch of nutrition, you get a dose of calcium from the almond milk, electrolytes from the coconut water, magnesium from the kale, iron from the dates, potassium from the banana, and omega-3’s from the walnuts… to only name a few!
These chocolate bites pack a serious punch of nutrition, not only are they tasty, but their health benefits make them worth every bite! As the name of the recipe suggests they contain collagen, which is the most abundant protein in your body and supports the cells of every single tissue in your body! Collagen is a major component of your health, it promotes skin elasticity, holds together your bones and muscles, protects your organs, and provides structure to your joints and tendons. As you can see these chocolate bites are way more than just a dessert, they’re “skin firming, antioxidant rich” sweet treats!
Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- 1 cup cacao butter, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed collagen powder
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped (can sub for nut of your choice)
- Melt the cacao butter into a double boiler, whisking until it is fully melted, and remove from heat immediately.
- Add the honey and whisk into the melted cacao butter. Add the raw cacao powder and collagen powder, and whisk until very smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate into an ice cube tray or cookie sheet and top with chopped pistachios.
- Let the chocolate chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before removing from the mold.
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Inactive time: 30 minutes
Recipe provided by: paleohacks.com